Thursday, December 18, 2008

All things 2 wheeled

I love motorcycles, I possibly love them more than push-bikes but haven't owned as many as I've ridden. Bike Boy's little brother recently bought a 2005 CBR1000RR in the Repsol colours and I have had the priveledge of riding said motorcycle a couple of weeks ago. The memory is still fresh in my mind of how magnificent twisting the throttle on a "litre bike" actually is. ZZzzt Zzzzzt and you're going well over the speed limit on the freeway, and I'm not exaggerating. This bike will do 100km/h in first gear, my brother has done it!

My brief tour around Albury/Wodonga gave me enough of a fright turning onto the new section of the Hume they've cut through the region. A really nice place to get lost on a bike to be honest with Bulla and Hotham within spitting distance and some nice roads in between. I spent a brief time just around my brothers place and thoroughly enjoyed myself. These days we're about the same size so thankfully I can borrow his gear.

No comments: