Thursday, July 2, 2009

Le Tour

I'm actually a little bit excited about Le Tour this year, mainly because Cadel has a chance at winning again, but also because I enjoyed watching the stages so much last year. I know the idea of watching a field of cyclists ride through Europe for 6 hours a day can seem ridiculously boring to most, but like all endurance sports I enjoy the strategy, and the stacks! I loved the hill climb stages if only to see the descent. One of the younger riders fell off the hill last year and I thought they were going to have to scrape him off the bottom of the valley! He was ok but I can't seem to find any video of it.

SBS are committed to televising most of the stages live on SBS Two so no more trying to stay awake well after midnight. Check out the schedule over at Cycling Central. Whilst I probably won't be glued to the time trial start I look forward to watching the rest of the race.

No comments: